Sunday, August 5, 2012

4 Months!!




4 Month Update

Stats:
Height: 25.5 inches (75%)
Weight: 15 lbs 6 oz (55%)
Head: 17 inches (75%)


Likes:
Jumper - You finally fit in your jumper that the Ayora kids passed along to you and you LOVE it! You have truly 'dancing feet' when you are in it and can easily be occupied for nearly 30 minutes...lucky momma!
Toes!! - A new discovery in the past week, well a new discovery that these items can make it to your mouth now! You try SO incredibly hard to pull your legs up to your mouth to get them in. It is very impressive to see your determination.
Standing - Still a number one favorite as we roll into month 4. You are probably standing 80% of the time you are awake!
The BOB - You have been on countless jogs with us! Dad is always pushes, but I just took my first try around Green Lake with Baby Mary and Miss Erin. We both did great. Speed was definitely not my number one accomplishment of the run, but I'll get better. :) I don't pop wheelies like Dad can and am not sure I will master that with comfort, so you will have to settle for nice and easy jogs with me behind the wheel.
Cousins!! - Your cousins came to town just in time for your 4 month birthday. It was a zoo with all 11 of you around, but you were so happy to have them all oodling over you. :)
Swimming - We've been in the pool 3 times now and you have done great! You rock your sunglasses, hat and rash guard and just take it all in. You are not too big on splashing just yet, but you'll get it! Just yesterday you went for your first 'open water swim' in the Puget Sound! Dad says that the temp was around 65...brrr! You did alright with the waves splashing up the beach on your feet, but were not happy at all to be hung off the back of the boat with me. Maybe next summer!

Dislikes:
Bath - sadly this isn't going as well as I would hope. I would give bath time more of a 'neutral' rating if possible. Sometimes you are great, but other times you completely lose it and scream at me the entire time.

Babysitters:
You have been great at letting us get out and about the past couple months. Nana and Grandma have always been some of your favorites, but just last month you had your first babysitters that weren't family! Miss Taryn was such a great friend and watched you will we went out to an adult dinner for our anniversary. You were great...once you stopped screaming and went to sleep. :/ Round two was much better.. Miss Becky, Miss Tera and Miss Heidi all came together (yes picture The Babysitters Club meets Troop Beverly Hills) for a thrilling night so that we could go to Miss Alicia's wedding. They couldn't believe how good you were and are waiting until they get to come back and play again...way to go buddy!

Teeth:
You are 'starting' to teeth for sure! There are no teeth to be seen just yet, but your drool production is impressive, soaking up at least 3 bibs a day, and you are chewing on just about anything you can get into your mouth - your hands, our hands, bibs, toys, arms, shoulders....I feel at times I should wear a raincoat around you!

Sleep:
I'm incredibly sad (and frustrated) to say that the past month has seen a huge regression in the awesome sleep stats that you posted for month 3. You are doing well going to sleep at night still, but you are having a really hard time staying asleep after the first 3-4 hours. At first I was thinking that your teething could have something to do with it, but it's now been about 3 weeks of waking up every 2 hours or so, so I think there is something else going on. At your 4 months appointment your pediatrician said that it's time to 'break' you of your night waking...let me say that again...the pediatrician said it's time, it was her idea for the record. Your dad thinks that I should sleep downstairs for the next week and that he will handle the 'cry it out' until you get through it. The pediatrician and Tia Sarah and Tia Katie all promised me that it will take 3, 5 max, days for you to get it. Stay tuned. What I do know is that I am so incredibly tired and cannot fathom this continuing much longer...especially since I have 7 days until I go back to work.
There are a lot of big changes coming for us in the next month so strap in buddy, it's going to be a ride!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment