Sunday, May 20, 2012

6 weeks and growing!

It is crazy to think that it's only been 6 weeks that Griffin has been here in our lives. While I certainly remember what it was like before we had him...a full 8 hours of sleep, just 'popping' in to grab a coffee, being able to eat mustard with out thinking of... :) It is hard to imagine how I spent all the time in the day without him.

6 week update
Stats: 12 lbs (80th %) 22 3/4 inches (50%) = my chunky dude!

Health: Everything is going great. He had his first round of immunizations, so I am a little more at ease at taking him out and about. The whooping cough epidemic in Washington was driving me crazy. He's now 65% covered, so that's a great start. He had 5 shots and was a trooper...I might have cried longer if I had gotten that many shots.

Tough guy with his bandages.


Likes: still loves the bath and doesn't mind water in his eyes (thank goodness!), snuggles (which I cannot get enough of), tummy time (most of the time :))

Dislikes: falling asleep - Griffin wants to be alseep or awake...nothing in between; sitting still...talk about a motion baby! Heat - the humidity and heat in Hawaii was a little tough for him to adjust to, but he survived.

Sleep: Griffin is officially a crib sleep in his own room now! I have been trying to get a bedtime routine going and so far so good this past week. The first night he was in his own room he did two 4 hours chunks and the second night be did 7 hours - 8:30-3:30am!! And then he even went back to sleep (after a little snack) until 6:30am. I couldn't have been happier. Now his napping is another story. I used to get 3 good naps a day, but now it's only one and then a few 45 min cat naps here and there.

Travel:  I'll travel with this baby any day of the week. He slept on all the flights to and from Hawaii and traveled like a champ.

SMILES!!!!!:  Lots and lots of smiles! The morning are his favorite time of day and therefore mine now as well. I love that he is smiling at us and responds to our voices and touches.

Mom: I am still loving, and learning every day with Griffin. I rested most days and the ones when I don't, I feel like I can take naps, so I am adjusting to 'mommy sleep' pretty well. The hardest part for me right now is when he is upset and I dont' know what he needs...although sometimes I think that HE doesn't even know what he needs.  I have my offical dr's orders to start working out again, so here I come gym....The Seafair Triathlon is only 2 months away! eek!

PEPS:  Griffin and I joined a PEPS (Program for Early Parenting Support) group last month and have been enjoying our weekly meetings with 9 other fabulous ladies and their little ones. It is great to have a group of women that I know are going through the same things I am each day and to learn and grow from one another.

Bring on another 6 weeks!!

No comments:

Post a Comment