Sunday, January 29, 2012

The Crazy Year That Was 2011...

The year of 2011 was full of Adventure, Changes and New Beginnings in the Thorpe household.

We kicked things off in January with Honeymoon in South America spending nearly 2 weeks in Chile and Patagonia. We enjoyed adventures by day and luxury by night along the Futaleufu river at the Antucamay Ranch (God's Creation) with H20 Patagonia (http://www.h2opatagonia.com/).





Our accommodations along the river



By day our adventures took us to all different places...
Up hills


Down waterfalls

And Up, Down, In, Out and all around the river!







We were spoiled with delicious food and divine Chilean and Argentinian wines!




Todd's newest passion, kayaking, continued to grow throughout the winter and once the snow melted and the temperatures rose...I gave it a try too! My first two experiences down the Middle Middle section of the Snoqualmie were exciting and scary, but I managed to stay right side up and keep warm and dry. My third trip, not so much. I flipped in the rocks, had to 'pull the cord' and swim, lost my paddle and boat down rover...to the opposite side than I ended up on of course! Todd went after the boat and paddle, while our buddy Chad towed me to shore. Shaken, but safe, I have to say it was quite a thrill and I am sure an adventure that I will try again...




The summer led us into weddings near and far...Alaska, Maui, Bend, San Juan Capistrano and more!

We were incredibly lucky to attend Todd's good friend Christine's wedding in Alaska in May. It was a a perfect time to visit...mid 70's and 18 hours of daylight made it perfect for hiking, site seeing...and the consumption of adult beverages at midnight on the patio in broad daylight. :) For my first trip to Alaska I only had a couple things I really wanted to see, with a Moose being at the top of the list. Not too much to ask right...Well, the picture below is the closet I got all weekend! I would have had better luck visiting Northwest Trek back home.

In July I was honored to be a part of one of my dearest friends, Emily's weddings in Maui. It was a fabulous week of snorkeling, swimming, paddle boarding and more! We love you Em and Tim!!

 





Our next 'wedding vacation' was a little deja vu for us...we heading down to Bend, OR to the Seventh Mountain Resort to celebrate Danielle and Zach! Returning to the resort we had our wedding at just one year earlier was a spacial treat. We were able to do so many fun activities and with no responsibility! We hiked, biked, floated the river and more with our good friends Abby and Bob!

The Bride and me :)


The Mellon's and Thorpe's 

 Soon to be 3.... :)


We wrapped up the wedding circuit of the year in San Juan Capistrano, CA with John and Sharron! Good time and great friends, a trip to remember.

 





Not only was our summer full of weddings, but great hiking, hiking and more hiking as well! I had quite a 'firsts' for hikes this summer...Mailbox, Pyramid Lake, Rachel Lake, Little Si and Devil's Lake.
Mailbox June 2011 -Todd & Chris
We made it!

 
Pyramid Lake - July 2011

Rachel Lake July 2010 - Me & Cindy
Cindy & Todd


Little Si July 2011 with the Sipos's



 
Devil's Lake, Bend OR September 2011 - with the Mellon's


The Fall brought on football season, and while it is sometimes so hard to be a Seahawks fan...we had another great season with friends and family at the games!

The Girls - Danielle, Emily & Me

 Kyle, Emily & Todd


The year of 2011 wrapped up with a much needed week of R&R with my hubby in Cabo San Lucas. We slept in, took daily strolls down the beach, played more scrabble than one should in a week,  ventured on a little hike and even got to spend an afternoon with the family when their cruise ship came to port!




 Cindy and her kiddos :)


The Thorpe Men

Julia and me at the beach




Oh, and not to be forgotten...This happy family of two spent most of 2011 growing into a family of THREE!
We are expecting a visit from the stork in late March of 2012!


No comments:

Post a Comment